A practical view on contemporary IAS 39 requirements combined with an outlook on the latest developments in IFRS 9
Since the financial crisis in 2009, no other topic has been emphasised more than “Impairment”. The general opinion regarding IAS 39-compliant risk provisioning is that it is “too little too late”. The upcoming IFRS 9 will cause a shift from the incurred but not reported losses to the expected loss model.
This webinar provides an overview of how a standardised software package, FlexFinance® IFRS, covers the entire process chain for collective and individual assessment under IAS 39 today. In addition, it provides an outlook of how IFRS 9 requirements will impact the handling of impairment in the future.
- IAS 39 Collective assessment: PD and LGD as input for risk provisioning
- IAS 39 Individual impairment: The process chain, including impairment identification
- IFRS 9 Three bucket models
- Impact of IFRS 9 on the current solution
After listening to the webinar you will be able to understand:
- How the IAS 39 impairment process can be supported by a turnkey IFRS solution
- Which impact IFRS 9 Phase 2 will have on credit risk provisioning
- How the new requirements will be incorporated into the current IAS 39 solution
Dieter will share the experience gained in international IAS/IFRS project implementation, combined with the latest status of IFRS 9 requirements.